Monday, November 1, 2010

I resolve

to continue to pray and be thankful for:
-those less fortunate.  And I mean in every way.  When I can look past the messy house, the ache in my neck, my homework that won't do itself and my job that isn't my favorite, I realize.  God blessed me with: good health, my soul-mate, a family to keep me balanced, friends across the globe, a job, the house I always wanted, amazing fall weather, and most of all the forgiveness that comes through Christ.  I am so quick to be down on something, that I really have to take an extra look and realize, how much God has blessed me with.  It's AMAZING!!!!
     - I need to pray for those less fortunate, and to not pity them, but to pray that they be blessed in the Lord's love through whatever trial they may be going through.
     - I am also resolving to be better at acts of kindness.  ah...I almost listed all the things I'm working on.  bahaha....almost got me satan.  I'm going to resolve to not boast my acts of kindness.
- I am going to remind myself to be thankful for the situations, thought they are not my favorite, they still have many good qualities.  For example, work-I generally feel like I'm babysitting my 58 year old boss.  However, my job is sweet: I get to come and go whenever I want; I tell my boss what I want to do; I work right across the hall from my darling husband, so we get to eat together and hang out a lot more than we normally wold. 
- I'm praying for patience.  Oh man do I need that.  I guess what I'm really working on more is turning everything over to God.  For example our current journey to add to our family.  Man did I just want it to happen first time out the gates!  But I'm turning it over to God.

May your will be done, in my body, my job, my life and others.  Lord you provide all that we need.  Remind us that every day.  Thank you-for the pain in my neck, I know I'm still alive.  For my messy house-I can afford a home.  For my homework, you have given me education.  For my adult daycare job-I am appreciated and trusted.  And for everything else, may I be subtly reminded to not take anything for granted. 

I resolve.....

2 comments:

  1. To add to your family, huh? Exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so not only did the notification that you posted a comment go into my spam email box--but I also forgot that I put that little tidbit out there. I haven't told many folks that we're done with batting practice, but yes...we're playing ball for good. hopefully I'll be asking you for advice soon! <3

    ReplyDelete