Saturday, November 20, 2010

A game of catch

About once a week, or on a good streak-once every two weeks I play catch w/ God.  Well not catch I guess.  More like I throw the ball to him, and then run and take it back.  So like a 2 year old's version of catch.  I get these terrible headaches and neck pains.  Literally for the last week I have gone to bed and woken up in some sort of pain.  I have wonderful drugs that ensure I can sleep which is awesome, until I wake up.  Some days I vow to do everything I can-eat right, exercise, stay active during the day, ect.  And yet I still get the pain at some point during the day. 

I feel like/ and often do cry out to God:
(Psalm 4) Answer me when I call to you,
      O God who declares me innocent.
   Free me from my troubles.
      Have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

But I know I also need to have faith that God can and will take away my pain.
Psalm 27:5:

    5 For he will conceal me there when troubles come;
      he will hide me in his sanctuary.
      He will place me out of reach on a high rock.

So-I'm starting a new game.  It is like the last hole on the put put course.  I may not score a hole in one, but when I do get it in the hole-give it to God fully-and don't reach my hand in to try and get my ball back.  I will get a prize much greater than keeping my golf ball.

Game on!  God I give you my pain-I will depend on you to take this pain away from me.  You will place me out of reach from this pain.


P.S.  This is not to say that I am going to stop physical therapy but I will not depend on it like I will God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment