Wednesday, November 17, 2010

baby Christian meets sin city

So today wraps my first (intentional) trip to Las Vegas.  I really had no idea what to expect; but really wasn't prepared for the barrage of sin that I would meet and be faced with.  I began to battle the sin with an overall attitude of disgust. Only to realize that simply made me upset, not to mention feel awful snooty.  It took a day, by myself, walking the strip to realize what I should be doing-praying.  I prayed for the city, for the young women who were in the 'industry', for those that found themselves in trouble in the city, and for the men who passed me on the street-I thanked God for keeping me safe in the city.  So it took a while, but I am now at peace that Vegas just may not be for me-but I can still pray and praise in this city.
Thank you Lord for reminding me that I can ALWAYS pray.  Lots of prayers, baby steps for this baby Christian.     

1 comment:

  1. Gosh Hope, these posts are truly aways so inspiring! Thanks for sharing, and I hope that you had a great time while you were there!

    ReplyDelete