Saturday, June 19, 2010

The jist.... (and first blog)

So...this is my first attempt at this whole blogging thing, and I shouldn't even be doing it b/c I totally have a 15 pg paper waiting to be written.  But I feel compelled none the less.  I'm hoping this will become a space where instead of follow up on who is doing what or saying what (ahem-facebook), we/I can follow where friends need prayer and we can share faith experiences.  The way I was thinking (the way God was thinking through me), is that I want to focus on the faith in life not the fake.  So I'm attempting to move from gossip to God :)  I'll try and post every few days, please feel free to comment, no guilt trips her though.  If this isn't your bag it won't hurt my feelings.  

So my very first blog....well I certainly see God working in a lot of ways lately, from Suz calling last night when I was feeling lonely to a friend saying she believes only started believing in God because I forgave her.  So I know he is here and I know he has a purpose for me working in this awful job here in Md while Doug is deployed.  But this has also been a time of great prayer and lows too.  Every day I'm bombarded with fear and loneliness, that I have to continually pray away.  And to make matters worse, now that we are at the tail end of Doug's deployment our emotions and tempers have naturally begun to flare.  3 days in a row, we've gotten into tiffs during our phone calls.  This is not normal at all for us, but I realize it is normal for the deployments.

Today I pray for God to calm my fears, and to guide Doug and I through these emotional last days of his deployment.  I pray for him to show me my purpose, not only here in this job, but in life (what am I supposed to be when I grow up!), in his time.  Lord, please wrap your loving arms around the families of those whose loved ones will not be coming home.  Send your angels of peace to the nations that are currently at war.  Thwart the plans of those that intend harm, and fill their hearts with your love.  May all those who need prayer cry out to you, in your son Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

~*~Happy Saturday to you friends~*~

1 comment:

  1. (So my friend Jen couldn't post before b/c I didn't have all the bugs worked out...you can post as anonymous now...but here is her email)

    his scripture has seen me through the TOO MANY times of separation from Greg..

    "Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and hearts quiet and at rest as your trust in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

    Father, I pray for Doug and Hope right now. May you greatly bless them and bring them peace and patience during these days of separation. We trust in You in all things and lay our burdens down knowing that with You it is well, we are well. We love you Lord and glorify You in all things. In the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen!

    I praise Him for you and your friendship. keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete