Friday, July 2, 2010

One Nation Under God

As we move into the Fourth of July weekend and start our backyard festivities, I've heard some really great points this week on kLove (klove.com-check it out) about the Fourth of July and other things to celebrate other than...awesome burgers :) As we know our nation was created with faith as strong foundation for the country. It is everywhere in what the founding fathers wrote; everywhere that is currently, slowly being eradicated from the public, under the guise of separation of church and state. None the less we must remember, and remain that we are One Nation Under God. If we forget that piece of humility, what are we-as a nation and individuals?
In that same realm, as we celebrate our Independence and all the freedoms that we enjoy. We must remember a few things. We must remember that is Christ that allowed us those freedoms, not the for-fathers of our nation. It is through our Lord through those that penned the Constitution and Bill of Rights that we enjoy the freedoms we enjoy today. So be thankful for those that founded our nation, that fought for our rights, that continue to fight- but ultimately thank the good Lord for our freedom which he provided.
And lastly-as we celebrate our Independence, I am continually striving to celebrate my dependence on God. I'm amazingly good at thinking I trust God, but I continually play volleyball with my problems and take them back from God as if I think he can't solve them.
Holy Father-this weekend I thank you so much for all the freedoms I enjoy and take for granted. I thank you for giving us your Son, who gave us the ultimate freedom. I pray that our nation will continue to recognize that we are nothing if we are not a nation under God. I also pray for you to continually remind me to be dependent on you; that you will do what you say you will and to completely hand my troubles over to you. As always I pray for those who are separated from their loved ones; may they return home safely. Lord please also continually remind me to dance in your praise, as I still struggle to remember to do that. In your Son's glorious name I pray, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment