Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lord you are my target

Recently, at work, I was working a case that was near and dear to me. For those that don't know I work as a Summary Courts Officer, inventorying all personal effects of those that are KIA or WIA (wounded) overseas. Not the most chipper of jobs. But I was working on the case of a Air Force Officer who was KIA last month. This case was important because he was a friend of a friend and that friend asked me to see it was taken care of. Being that it was a fellow Airman as well, it touched me. Not to mention-a fellow officer. But what struck me while inventorying his stuff, was a letter from his wife. Short and sweet she told him not to worry about her. I thought as I sent off my own husband-how I could not muster up the strength to do the same. Now don't get me wrong-sending him off sucks. I just wish I had the strength in God that she had (as I saw from other notes) to see me through the tough times. I want that faith, to not think of myself, not just through deployments, but anything that life, and my family and friends go through.
Lord-First and foremost I pray that you will wrap your loving arms around those who grieve because their loved ones will not be coming home. I also pray that you continue to strengthen my faith in you. Strengthen it so that when trouble looms in the distance, I don't focus on it, but instead focus on you. Lord, let me be reminded that you are my target. In your Son's amazing name I pray, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment