Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolution schmesolution.

I don’t stick to things.  I don’t do training programs, or diets, I rarely follow through with things.  So while the thought of making a resolution sounds good-I know I won’t follow through with it.  So instead I think I am going to pick a word to focus on this year.  I’ve heard about this for a few years now from the Christian radio station I listen to-Klove(if you’ve never listened-google it-it is national and if there isn’t an actual radio station by you, you can pick it up via the computer or smart phone).  None the less the thought is to focus on one word to shape your year. 
So of course I have to tweak things-I have two words.  My words for 2012 are going to be ‘positive’ and ‘happy’.  There was a time when I was a happy go lucky, goofy girl.  But I think the year 2006 took a lot of that spring from my step.  (Another blog post-or 20).  None the less, now that I’m a mom-it is so important to me that I find that person again.  I want Walker to keep his happy goofy personality and my generally negative demeanor will not help that.  So I want to focus on being happy not only for Walker but for me.  The second part of this is being positive.  I am prone to being negative.  To thinking the worst about everyone and everything.  It is tough being the negative one married to a man who is super happy all the time.  So really I just need not be so negative and life would be so much easier. 
Not so much a resolution, just an effort-to be more positive and re-find the happy goofy, go-lucky Hope.  J  

No comments:

Post a Comment