Saturday, December 18, 2010

I give you, you don’t give me, I don’t flip out


So recently I have been tested as I’d like to think of it, by a friend who simply doesn’t reciprocate.  Amazing person, but does not make the time to reciprocate the friendship.  At first it was troublesome, but then I took a step back.  A)-that person was going through things that my tiny world couldn’t even fathom.  So I had to take a step out of the normal attitude of 2010 (it isn’t that bad everybody goes through that)-no everyone doesn’t and I can’t expect everyone to react the same way.  And B)-God didn’t send us here to love the people that are easy to love (I have a feeling I honestly wouldn’t be as loved…b/c I’m a brat!)  But seriously-if we only love the people that it takes little or no effort to love, or the ones that are fun to love (generally under the age of 10)-then who loves everyone else?  So I have and am making a concerted effort to love those that don’t reciprocate the love and to not be offended by it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment